*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Loans subject to credit approval. Rates are determined by an evaluation of applicant credit and may vary. Speak to a Financial Consultant for full details.
At BTFCU, secured loans are offered to members who want to borrow against their own funds and use specific accounts as collateral. This is a great way to get the cash you need, build or establish new credit, and keep your money working for you!
- A Share Secured Loan allows you to borrow against funds in your own Savings or Certificate Account by using those funds as collateral. The amount pledged in your savings account is reduced dollar for dollar as the loan balance decreases.
- A Secured MasterCard® with Platinum Rewards is a credit card secured by your funds in a special holding account. Just deposit at least $600 into an account on-hold, and get a credit card with a minimum limit of $500.¹
REASONS TO GO SECURED:
- You already have cash on hand and you want a lower interest rate.
- Receive a lower interest rate—as low as 2% APR above highest dividend earned on the account with a minimum 3% APR.*
- Borrow up to 100% of amount on deposit²
- Build New or Re-Establish credit
- Maintain funds in your Savings or Certificate account³
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Only applies to Share Secured Loans. MasterCard® Secured are excluded. Subject to change without notice. Check with credit union for most current terms.
¹Subject to credit approval. “80/20” rule applies. Your approved credit limit will be 80% of the amount on-hold in deposit with a minimum amount of $600. For example, get a $500 credit limit on the credit card and have $600 on-hold in the account.
²Only applies to Share Secured Loans. MasterCard® Secured are excluded.
³If funds secured in certificate
account, term of loan cannot exceed maturity date of certificate. Other terms & conditions apply. See credit union for details.