Updated: January 7, 2021
Stimulus Checks – 2nd Round (January 2021):
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has begun distributing stimulus payments and will continue to do so over the next several weeks. While a large percentage of those payments will be made electronically, an estimated 30-40 million payments will be printed checks delivered by mail.
Now is a great time to start using Mobile Deposit available in our free BTFCU Mobile app.
This is the most efficient way for us to safely and quickly accommodate you. There are no holds on U.S. Treasury Checks as long as all other payee and endorsement criteria are met.
Read more about getting started with Mobile Deposit HERE
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
We are excited to announce our lobby is fully open.*
*Masks are required at all times in the Credit Union.
Our drive-thru is open on Saturdays from 8:30-12:30pm.
Phones are not available during this time.
Expanded drive-thru services remain & strongly encouraged.
We are still taking every precaution to safeguard the health of our employees and members:
- Facemasks required upon entry and not to be taken off in the Credit Union.
- Please visit us in the drive-thru if you are experiencing ANY of the COVID-19 symptoms as defined by the CDC.
- Please practice social distance by maintaining 6′ feet or more between you and others in the building.
- Protective sneeze guards and shields in place on our teller line and offices.
- All “hi-touch” surface areas in the Credit Union are regularly wiped down and sanitized.
- Our senior members and those with weakened immune systems are strongly encouraged to visit us in the drive-thru only.
- Any member or guest that does not follow these guidelines may be asked to leave.
We still strongly encourage you for your own health and safety, to conduct as much of your business online or in our drive-thru as possible.
If you have not done so, take advantage of the e-Services we offer:
- Download our FREE BTFCU Mobile App. Transfer funds, check balances, pay your loans, bills, and more all from the app. Available for Apple and Android Devices.
Apple Devices Download: CLICK HERE
Google Play & Android Devices: CLICK HERE
- Try out Mobile Deposit from the BTFCU Mobile App. Send us checks for deposit using the camera on your phone!
- APPLY FOR A LOAN ONLINE. You can do this at any time by following the link on our website located in the upper left-hand corner. We have all kinds of loans available to help our members during this time, including an Emergency Loan.
- OPEN AN ACCOUNT ONLINE. We are excited to bring you the ability to open new memberships and add new accounts online. It’s a fast, easy, and completely secure process that works great on a tablet, smartphone, or laptop. We encourage you to tell your family to join BTFCU online also! Existing members are able to Add New Accounts to their membership when logged into Virtual Branch. Just look for the link on the Overview Page. Click on the link on our homepage to get started.
- Login to Virtual Branch to view and sign-up for e-Statements. If you have not done so already, this is the most convenient and secure way to store, view, and obtain your account statements. We store up to 2 years’ worth of statements for you online and they are always available and accessible!
- Virtual Branch Services. In addition to e-Statements, Virtual Branch offers a whole suite of services to make life easier for you such as: Free Bill Pay service, Text Banking, Account Alerts, Reminders, and even re-order checks!
(Updated 1/7/21): Here are some other ways we are looking out for you…
- We are still temporarily suspending our Overdraft Protection transfer fees from Savings to Checking Accounts and have temporarily lifted the (6) transfer limit per month based on the Federal Reserve’s Regulation D relief notice. We are here to serve you and to practice the Credit Union philosophy of “People Helping People.” Currently, we are offering Emergency Loans and Skip-a-Payments with fees waived for our members who are experiencing financial challenges during this time. Please contact us at email@example.com or go online to apply for fast processing. If there is anything extra we can do to help you, please let us know.
- Don’t forget to take advantage of our ATM network at select Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy locations in Brazoria County, many of which are open until 10:00PM and on weekends. This provides quick access to your cash when you need it. There is a full list of locations available on our website.
- In the event you are unable to visit one of our surcharge-free ATMs and you need to pull out cash from another ATM, please save your receipt and let us know within (60) days of the transaction and we will reimburse you any and all fees.
We will continue to closely monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Brazoria County, the United States, and globally. Our primary commitment to the health and safety of our members, employees, families, and the community at large is our priority. In addition, we take our corporate citizen responsibility serious and will do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We have already taken a series of precautionary steps to minimize the risk for staff and members.
- We will be installing sneeze guards in our lobby offices and teller line.
- We are practicing and enforcing social distancing with 6’ distance markings on our lobby floor.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitation in our branch location.
- We have informed and educated employees on what they can do to stay healthy and how to stop the spread of germs.
We are continuously monitoring and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
To Minimize the Risk to Others:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough and sneeze. Wash your hands immediately after.
- Stay at home when you are feeling sick.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often, especially after using an ATM.
It is our responsibility to serve you and we are committed to keeping both you and our employees’ health and safety a top priority. BTFCU will continue to take necessary steps as warranted and will work closely with local health and public officials. Please visit this page or check us on Facebook for more updates. If you have questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us.
For more information and the full list of recommendations from the CDC, please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.